June 12th – The Central Texas Father of the Year Awards benefiting the American Diabetes Association honors four AARO members (and fathers)
– Mr. Bobby Jenkins
– Mr. Ron Kessler
– Mr. Doyle Valdez
– Mr. Gary Valdez.
For more information click here.
May 29th – Mr. Sandy Dochen was inducted into the APIE Hall of Fame by Austin Partners in Education.
The Samaritan Center named Ms. Martha Smiley as the runner up in the individual category at the Ethics in Business and Community Awards luncheon on May 22nd.< Mr. August Harris, 2014 AARO McBee Fellow, has been named Vice Chair of the Texas Historical Commission.
In April, a Luncheon Benefiting Seton’s New Teaching Hospital – Honoring AARO Member Mr. Pete Winstead was held at the Four Seasons Hotel Austin.
In March, The First Tee of Greater Austin 9 Core Values Awards were presented at the Hyatt Regency Austin – Downtown.
Recognized in the following categories were:
– Confidence: Mr. Dan Graham, 2013 AARO McBee Fellow
– Honesty: Ms. Rosie Mendoza, AARO Member
– Perseverance: Ms. Laura Kilcrease, AARO Member
– Responsibility: Mr. Sandy Dochen, AARO Member
– Sportsmanship: Ms. Martha Smiley, AARO Member